Are you a middle school student in grades 6-8? Are you interested in science, nature, and the environment? Do you love being outdoors? Do you enjoy teaching others? If you answered yes, then maybe you’re interested in becoming a Junior Interpreter!
An ELC Junior Interpreter isinterested in learning how to teach and teaching the general public about the environment. Junior Interpreter responsibilities include:
- Learning about local animals and plants.
- Leading public Educational Programs.
- Having the opportunity to serve as a senior camp counselor over the summer.
- Participating in our annual EcoFest celebration.
- Taking part in community clean-ups, volunteer opportunities and trips to local recreational areas to gain a greater awareness for the issues facing Florida.
If you would like to learn more about this fun and fascinating ELC program please click on the two following links which will provide you with additional information and a form which you may use to apply for consideration. Tell your friends about us too; doing it together is MUCH MORE FUN.