Adventures in Learning Lecture Series: February 26th at 3pm. Hunting Dinosaurs with Dr. Matt Lamanna, Assistant Curator of Vertebrate Paleontology at Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh.
March 19th at 3pm. Water for your Well-Being with Dr. Wallace J. Nichols, Research Associate, California Academy of Sciences and author of Blue Mind, a New York Times Best Seller.
EcoTALKS Speaker Series: Wednesday, April 12th at 2:30pm with Steve Burton M.S. Marine Stranding Manager at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute. Dolphins & Rescue Efforts on the Indian River Lagoon.
21st Annual EcoFEST - Discover your Wild side! Sunday March 5th 11am to 4pm - FREE Admission!
Click here to see that the Environmental Learning Center has been featured in "25 Best Things to Do in Vero Beach" by Vacation Idea - Dream Vacation Magazine Named "Best of the Web" by Forbes for 9 years!
Welcome to the Environmental Learning Center - a 64-Acre Natural Lagoon Island Preserve open to the public and great for all ages! Experience native Florida in a peaceful lagoon setting with beautiful vistas and close-up encounters with wildlife and native plants in a setting that inspires wellness. Come experience the #IndianRiverLagoon through our extensive boardwalks and walking trails, learn about native plants in our Greenhouse, take a canoe or pontoon boat ride with our EcoVentures, experience our 145 gallon Touch Tank at our Discovery Station and Aquariums where you'll learn all about the lagoon. Enjoy the benefits of membership where your member dollars go to the education and preservation of the Indian River Lagoon and the wellness of our community through close contact with nature. Help sustain our campus and grow our programs through giving.
The ELC offers programs and events for all ages and abilities on our 64-acre Wabasso Island campus. On-site features include:
- A Discovery Station Interactive Museum with aquariums, 145-gallon touch tank, and hands-on exhibits
- Native plant gardens including plants that attract butterflies
- Waterside Pavilion - a screened in covered viewing area perfect for reading, reflection, or a yoga practice
- Picnic facilities
- Visitor’s Center and gift shop
- 1 1/2 miles of elevated wooden boardwalks, nature trails, interpretive signs and audio tour
- Imagination Station where little ones can freely play in nature with fun activities
- Air Conditioned Classrooms for lectures, meetings, family gatherings and events complete with adjacent full size kitchen for catered events.
- Canoe Launch
- Pontoon Boat available for private rentals and EcoAdventure programs
- George’s Perch overlook to spy over the canopy of tall mangrove trees, George’s Blind, a hidden-away bench on the edge of the Indian River Lagoon where you can sit and enjoy the outdoors.
- ADMISSION: $5 Adults & Children 12 & over. $3 for Children 11 to 2 years old. FREE admission for Children under 2. ELC Members get FREE Admission every day and at ELC events so join today!
- Free Admission with proof of financial need: EBT card, Medicaid card, SNAP, TANF, or Free & Reduced Lunch Letter.
Our mission is to educate, inspire and empower all people, including those with minimal access to nature, to be active stewards of the environment and their own well-being.