The Environmental Learning Center is a nonprofit nature center located in Vero Beach, Florida. We seek a front desk greeter to welcome and orient guests to the ELC's Wabasso Island campus.
Front Desk Greeter Position in Vero Beach
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Category: FT – Two positions Sunday – Wednesday 8 am – 6 pm; Wednesday – Saturday 8 am – 6 pm;
Full-time position with health, retirement, paid time off and paid holidays. Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience. Some weekend and evening work required as listed above.
The Front Desk Greeter will be responsible for welcoming guests to the Environmental Learning Center. This important organizational representative should be outgoing and friendly with a natural talent for customer service.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies, and Expectations
· High school diploma or relevant qualification.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Presentable, outgoing and friendly personality.
· Flexibility, reliability and cooperation with a positive attitude of tolerance and respect for all points of view.
· Outstanding customer service and people skills.
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
· Strong knowledge of computer software (Outlook, Google Sheets/Docs, POS) and telephone skills.
· Able to handle cash drawer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Number one responsibility is Guest Experience. Responsible for greeting guests as they enter the facility.
· Responsible for determining if guests are members or collecting admission fees, and recording them into the POS system.
· Answer guest telephone calls and record details of the conversation for future follow up if necessary.
· Have knowledge of daily, weekly, monthly activities to inform guests as they call in for details. Be able to explain membership program.
· Book reservations for guests into various programs as necessary through the POS system.
· Maintain a clean and professional appearance of the lobby, reception and gift shop area.
· Collect money for gift shop items purchased by guests.
To apply for this position
Submit resume, list of three references, and a cover letter addressing experience as it relates to the position, motivation for applying, and salary requirements to Marcy Harrison, Finance Manager, at employment@DiscoverELC.org or 255 Live Oak Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32963